Facial and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery is a subspecialty that combines head and neck surgery with plastic surgery. The facial plastic surgeon is a doctor who specializes in problems that affect the face, nose, and neck. This mainly includes the management of cosmetic, functional or restorative surgery.
Types of surgery
- - Rhinoplasty: nose surgery, both functional and aesthetic.
- - Blepharoplasty: surgery of the eyelids, through which excess fat and skin, bags or wrinkles are removed in the eye area.
- - Facelift: surgical intervention to remove excess skin and tighten the muscles of the neck and lower face, in order to achieve facial rejuvenation.
- - Brow and Forehead Lift: Surgery to minimize wrinkles on the forehead and raise the eyebrows, reduce the drooping of the eyelids and provide a more renewed appearance.
- - Mentoplasty: An intervention that seeks to increase a small chin or reduce a prominent chin.
- - Otoplasty: ear surgery to correct both congenital problems and the product of an accident.
- - Facial reconstruction: After an accident or illness, surgery can be performed to restore the function and appearance of the face. This may include scar revision, fracture and laceration repair, treatment of vascular birthmarks, surgery for craniofacial deformities, or reconstruction after cancer surgery, with both local and regional flaps and microsurgery.
Non-surgical cosmetic procedures
- - Botox
- - Facial filler (hyaluronic acid injection)
- - A facial rejuvenation surgery may have some of the following procedures, which are performed according to the characteristics and needs of each patient:
Types of facial rejuvenation surgeries
• Frontoplasty: it is a procedure in which the excess skin on the forehead is corrected, improving its appearance. This surgery may include improving the appearance of the eyebrows, removing wrinkles on the forehead, or even reducing features such as frowning.
• Blepharoplasty or eyelid surgery: it is a procedure in which an improvement is made in the appearance of the eyelids, both upper and lower. With this surgery, excess fat and even the "pockets" that form on the eyelids are removed.
• Bichectomy: Known as cheek surgery, it is a procedure in which bichet bags, which are fat bags found on the cheek, are removed. This procedure reduces the appearance of the face.
• Chin Surgery: This procedure improves the appearance of the face, achieving facial harmony, and a much smoother profile.
• Ear surgery: this procedure allows you to remove excess skin, improve disproportionate ear sizes, and even their orientation.
• Nose surgery or rhinoplasty: the nose, as a preamble to the face, is one of the main aspects that define the appearance of a person. The nose sometimes has deviations or defects that can be corrected.
• Application of hyaluronic acid, botulinum toxin, hydroxyapatite :
• injectable aesthetic treatments allow us to recover volume and achieve visible results in a short time. These treatments are generally combined with surgeries or other procedures.
• Threads: the use of tension threads is a complement that can also be used in the process of facial rejuvenation. They allow generating traction in certain points of the face improving specific facial features.
• In conclusion, facial rejuvenation surgery is a procedure that may or may not include a large number of minor procedures depending on the needs of the patient; for this reason, it is personalized, and the results depend on many aspects.